Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Alito Hearings Pt 3

I'm tired of conservatives having to pussyfoot around. I watched Alito parse his words again today. I want a nominee who is going to say:

"No I don't believe Roe V Wade is good precedent, I think it is an awful case and would overturn it if possible.

No I don't think there is a right to privacy in the Constitution. The word doesn't even appear there. There are some privacy rights, but they do not produce either a penumbra or an emanation.

Yes I do think the commerce clause has been over used and abused.

No I do not support Affirmative Action, it is racial discrimination pure and simple.

Yes I do support the right to own a gun. There is a reason the Founders made that our second Amendment immediately behind free speech."

It is time to stop these silly games we play with the Democratic Senators every time, especially when their nominees sail through without being grilled.

No comments: