Saturday, December 31, 2005
1) Oscar for best movie - Walk the Line
2) Congress - Republicans will hold on to control of both houses, but will lose seats.
3) U.S. Supreme Court - Alito will be confirmed, no attempt to filibuster. Another Justice will leave by the end of the year.
4) Rose Bowl - USC will beat Texas by at least 13 points.
5) SuperBowl - Denver VS Seattle, Seattle wins
6) Sen Clinton is re-elected with better than 60% of the vote
7) When the election is finally held, Mayor Nagin loses in New Orleans
8) The U.S. economy will continue to thrive, and the mainstream media will continue to ignore it.
9) Both France and Germany will enter a recession.
10) The U.N. will continue to ignore the Oil for Food Scandal, Bolton will continue to make the UN institute incremental reforms.
11) Israel will bomb Iran. The UN will condemn them and Israel won't give a shit.
12) There will be more rumors of a coup in North Korea, but they will be false.
more to come......
Friday, December 30, 2005
Wednesday, December 28, 2005
1) George Soros - I believe his influence on American politics has been disastrous. When you combine this with his international market manipulations, there can be no doubt that this is a truly evil and selfish human.
2) Joseph Kennedy - Made his money as a drug smuggler (rum from Canada during prohibition) and then multiplied it by taking advantage of people going bankrupt during the Great Depression. He was a facist, and he foisted the whole Kennedy clan on us.
3) John Walker - Cold War spy. Caused huge amounts of damage to the US because of greed.
4) Jane Fonda - Hanoi Jane. A Traitor who aided our enemies, and a wacky leftist on top.
5) Benedict Arnold - Sold his country out because of ambition and pique.
6) Jimmy Carter - A complete failure as a president. Allowed the birth of the modern Islamic terrorist movement. Appeased the Soviets. I had some admiration of his efforts with Habitat for Humanity, but his incompetent meddling in international affairs since then overshadows what good he has done.
7) Michael Moore - An example of the worst of the modern media. His propaganda ranks up there with the worst of the NAZIs and the Communists. Hates the America that gave him the lifestyle he induges in. Reinforces the worst prejudices of European elites about the US.
8) Roger Taney- First cabinet officer to be rejected by the Senate. As fifth Chief Justice of the Supreme Court authored the second worse decision ever handed down by the Court, the Dredd Scott case. (worst was Roe V Wade)
9) Margaret Sanger - founder of what became Planned Parenthood. Believed strongly in eugenics and was a racist. (She would be very pleased by the millions of minority children aborted in the last 30 odd years) Member of the Socialist party.
10) Jesse Jackson - race whore extraordinaire.
On Fox News right now, there is a Canadian politician blaming gun violence in Canada on the lack of gun control in the United States. That's a load of crap, but from the Canadian point of view it makes sense.
First you have to realize that Canada is a captive of the Old Europe philosphy of controling the people. For centuries the elites in Europe have maintained power by controlling the people. There is a reason why it was illegal for peasants to own weapons. This was to prevent them from rebelling against their lords. At the time of our revolution, it was still illegal for most Europeans to own weapons. Our Founding Fathers recognized two things. 1) Our ability to rebel from the British Crown was largely based on the fact that a large percentage of the colonists were armed and familar with guns. 2) An armed population would be able to resist a despotic government. (especially when you take into account the fact that they expected there to be no standing national army.) They wanted a population that would be unable to be controlled by an elite ruling class. Because of this they purposely guareented the right to own a weapon in the Bill of Rights. Furthermore, if you examine their expectation of no standing army, and a dependence on a citizen militia for national defence, they intended this Right to include military grade weapons.
Secondly, you have to realize that the left views people as basically good unless corrupted. Thus someone who uses a gun to commit a crime is less to blame for the crime than the gun that allowed them to do so. This may seem nonsensical (and it is) but it is truly how most of them think. The right understands that there is evil in the world, and people intent on harm. We realize that if the gun was unavailable, than a different weapon (say a knife, bat, broken bottle or fist) would have been used instead.
Lastly I will simply point out that areas that have liberal gun laws (and isn't that a strange phrase politically? as opposed to Liberal Gun laws) , especially those with concealed carry permits, have less gun violence than areas with strict gun laws. This is a documented proven fact. For instance, the old West (as opposed to the misnamed Wild West) was not all that violent a place. We have been conditioned by the media (of the time as well as modern times) to believe that there were shoot outs and gun battles all the time. This isn't true. The truth is the violence was confined to a fairly small, self-selected group. People were more polite and considerate then, perhaps largely because rudeness could result in a duel or gun fight.
Tuesday, December 27, 2005
Now technology is threatening to return entertainers to their previous status. Digital copying and digital downloads circumvent the system. Cable, satellite and the internet provide cheap access to content producers and huge choice for content consumers. Big business knows this too, which is why they are so adamant about internet violations and copyright laws. But there is no law, and no reason that entertainers have to be millionaires. I will shed no tears if actors started getting tens of thousands of dollars intead of millions for their movies, and the same for singers and their albums.
Monday, December 26, 2005
Sunday, December 25, 2005
They have just started a program that pays poor Grandparents raising their grandkids the same amount of government aid that a foster parent would receive for raising the child. This keeps the child out of the clutches of the government, and with their family where they belong.
Friday, December 23, 2005
Wednesday, December 21, 2005
Sunday, December 18, 2005
By the way, the commercial was for a Captain and Tennille CD collection.
The trio are getting the award for their charitable efforts in Africa.
I personally believe it should have been the American fighting man, or the average Iraqi voter.
Friday, December 16, 2005
I was recently nagged by friends, family and colleagues into making an appointment to see a doctor. It's been at least ten years since I last saw one. So I made an appointment to get a physical in a January. In the mean time, I developed a case of celluitis (fancy word for skin infection) and thus made an appointment to get it looked at. "Well", the Doc said, "since you are here, we'll just do the physical now."
(What???!!! I haven't had time to build myself up mentally and emotionally for this.)
So the Doc throws me one of those hospital robes that doesn't even come close to covering me and says, "strip down to your skivvies!" He leaves and gives me privacy while I strip down (which makes no sense given what's coming up). He comes back a few minutes later, takes an oral history, listens to my heart and lungs etc, and then orders, "stand up and drop your skivvies!" (What no dinner first?)
He then precedes to give me a hernia test and "examine" (read feel up) my testicles. OK, I've had that done before for sports, but how many 40 year old teachers get hernias? Now I hear the dreaded command: "Turn around, bend over and put your elbows on the bed!"
Damn. I can't believe it has come to this.
He then proceeds to insert his finger in my rectum while telling me to relax. RELAX? What the hell was he talking about? Thankfully it was over quickly and he informed me that my prostrate was in great shape. (yeah, but how about my dignity Doc?)
All in all, it was the most action I've had in years, but he hasn't called me since.
I feel so used.
Wednesday, December 14, 2005
Tuesday, December 13, 2005
My Mom was on a jury that sentenced somebody to death on Friday. She is 59 years old. I find it perverse that the scum so sentenced has a significant chance of outliving her. Justice delayed is justice denied.
Sunday, December 11, 2005
Edit: 6:00 PM 12/12/05 The Governor did the right thing and denied clemency at noon today.
Saturday, December 10, 2005
Friday, December 09, 2005
Neither Wilson nor Plame or heroes by any stretch of the imagination, but the MSM and the left insists on gloriying them.
Keep it up CNN, soon Ted Turner, Hanoi Jane and Babs Streisand will be the only ones watching you.
Tuesday, December 06, 2005
Sunday, December 04, 2005
Saturday, December 03, 2005
2) When Reggie Bush wins the Heisman, it will mean that USC's 2002 team had three Heisman winners on it's roster....Palmer, Leinart and Bush. I'm pretty sure that is the first time that has happened. Edit: I am wrong. Reggie was still in high school when Palmer won it. But if White does the smart thing and comes back next year......
3) USC had a 3,000 yd passer, 2 1,000 yd rushers, a 1,0000 yd receiver and a 900 yd receiver with a good chance to become a 1,000 yd receiver. Again I believe this is unprecedented.