Sunday, December 25, 2005

Fantastic Four

OK I just saw the Fantastic Four. Pretty good movie. The acting and special effects were worlds better than the aborted 1990's version. (it was never released, it was possible to get a hold of bootlegged versions though) Reed was not how I envisioned him. The actor was too short and too young. I'd kinda pictured Reed Richards as maybe Robert Reed from the Brady Bunch. (he was still worlds better than the 90's version..that guy reminded me of Dana Carvey) The rest of the FF were OK (mmm...Jessica Alba.....), but Dr. Doom just didn't work for me. I'm not sure offhand who could have done it better though. I happened to see Daredevil a week ago on TV also. Not bad, I actually think Affleck made a good DD and Garner was pretty good as Electra. (haven't seen her movie yet though) All in all, I think Marvel's heroes have transeferred over to the big screen better than DC's. ( I absolutely hated the Superman movies) I'm still waithing for my Preacher movie........