Saturday, January 22, 2011

T.D.I.H. - Jan 22

On this day in 1973, the U.S. Supreme Court issued the decision in Roe V Wade making abortion a "fundamental right". One day this decision will be viewed with even more disgust and disbelief than we now view the Dredd Scott case. In Roe, the Burger Court simply created an entirely new "fundamental right" by relying on the "emanations of a penumbra*". Even prominent Leftist Constitutional scholars will admit that Roe is bad law. I personally believe that abortion is murder, and I also believe that our descendants will see it that way also, and will view the last forty years as a holocaust.


* I was disappointed to see that Merriam-Webster actually lists: a body of rights held to be guaranteed by implication in a civil constitution as a definition of penumbra. Can anyone cite me any other example in the history of mankind in which this excuse was used besides the Burger Court?

No comments: