Friday, March 17, 2006

California Governor's Race

Well I just saw the first ad for a rather obscure Democratic candidate, Steve Westly. (The ad is called "character"

"I opposed apartheid in college." (pander to the black vote, check.)

"I support privacy rights, and the right to an abortion." (pander to the feminist vote, check)

" I believe in global warming" (pander to the environmental wacko vote, check)

" I wanna give more money to education". (pander to the teacher's union, check)

(quotes are my characterisation of his positions)

Ther only ones he left out were the Hispanics, but he probably figures Angelides is going to get most of their votes anyways.

1 comment:

Fred Mangels said...

And Westly's the Democrat that's probably closest to the center in the race. With the current Governor moving to the left, what a choice we have in California. No problem, though; I'll likely be voting for Art Olivier, the Libertarian Party candidate.