Friday, July 01, 2005

This is just sad

This is disgusting and sad, not cute. In fact, it's a form of child abuse. Somebody has poisoned their child to hate the president of the United States. It's simple brainwashing, there is no way that a 12 year old could come to those conclusions on their own. But it is not unique. I teach 7th grade Social Studies and have to endure similar reactions once or twice a year when one of my students asks me who I voted for, or if I support the president. I work in a lower socio-economic community (in fact we have a large population of illegals and children of illegals) and almost all of the students groan and complain when they hear I am a Republican. When I challenge them to come up with a rational and logical reason to dislike or disapprove of President Bush they are unable to do so. All they know is that popular culture and most (but not all) of their parents dslike him.

I would not allow my niece or nephew to talk about the president this way in front of me, even President Clinton.

July 6, 2005
After reading some more of this author's entries on the Huffington Post site, it appears this might be satirical. All I can say, is I hope so.

1 comment:

Thom said...

This sounds like he is getting a good helping of liberal at home and at school.....

Sad that he is so misguided.... that he isnt being taught honor and responsibility.... If he knew about Honor perhaps he would be willing to fight a war that wasnt easy.....

It gets real sickening when you realize that many, many kids are being taught this at home and at school.....

don't worry, your niece and Nephew won't talk that way about a president..... even a democrat.....