Saturday, August 16, 2008

Intervention

Hello everybody, my name is Gary and I'm addicted to WoW. (cue everyone responding "Hello Gary") The problem is, I can't use the next line, I'm still in the throes of my addiction. (If you have no idea that WoW means World of Warcraft, you're still safe.)

I started on the small stuff, like Age of Empires and Civilization. I soon moved on to Diablo. But soon I needed a bigger score. I moved on to the hard stuff, City of Heroes. I began to get my friends addicted. But I was still in control. I could handle the stuff. Then I fell into the abyss. World of Warcraft. I'd heard about this one, but stayed away from it. Then one day I heard a siren song. Just get a trial account, try it out. The next day I was at BestBuy buying a WoW battlechest. Soon I was playing the game for 12 hours at a time. (seriously...I'm a school teacher and single...which means no life and lots of free time during the summer)

Last night I was chastised by a good friend, who pointed out (among other things) that I have been neglecting this blog. So, I'm going to try and do better.

College football is coming up, and I absolutely love that sport, especially when USC is supposed to have a good year, and they are this year) Expect at least a weekly report about collge football. (end the BCS!)

It's an election year for goodness sake! Expect some political posts. I can't get excited about McCain. He's too liberal for me. However I will support him as the alternative to Obama. Seriously what exactly has Obama ever done but give a good speech from teleprompters? More to follow.

You can expect some posts about WoW for that matter.

So...I'm back, and I'll try to do better. (battle: puff pastery on Iron Chef?!? What the hell?)

No comments: