Thursday, August 21, 2008

Crazy For Karazhan Day 2

We started day 2 back in the curator's room. We cleared trash through the library and into Aran's room. Some sloppy pulls with some adds. I had some trouble picking up aggro. I died a couple of times.

Finally we made it to the Shade of Aran. We took him down easy. I got a Shermanar Great Ring, it was an upgrade over WindTrader's Band. The main tank was a little more aggressive clearing the trash mobs between bosses than I was used to, and I had trouble picking up aggro on some of my offtanking assignments.

Next was the Chess Event, where we (surprise) play chess. This is usually a walk over, we've only lost once out of all the times I've been in here.

Next we moved on to Prince Malchezaar. I always die in this fight. It's just what happens to melee fighters if they aren't the main tank. I've never seen one survive the whole fight. My current weapon was dropped by this guy, the Decapitator. Tonight I got another axe from him, this time a two handed axe to use when I'm not tanking. It's called Gorehowl.

Then we moved on to Netherspite, or the "Beam Dragon" This is my favorite fight in Karazhan. Easy as pie as usual. The hardest part of this fight is running back and finding your beam location.

Next was Terestian Illhoof. I have an interesting assignment in this fight. The boss has an imp companion, Kil'rek. I tank him the whole fight, and usually kill him two or three times, because he respawns about 45 seconds after he dies. The toughest part for me is targeting him and getting aggro when he respawns. Another one shot. We switched out Mystii for Lager again for this fight.

Unfortunately, we moved on to the Maiden of Virtue. I hate this fight, especially when they decide to make me main tank it. We wiped three times. Then they had me and the other tank tank it together, and it went pretty smoothly. To be honest, I don't think the wipes were all my fault, but I'm sure I contributed to them. I got Iron Gauntlets of the Maiden, which may turn out not to be an upgrade for me, but I was the only one on the raid who could wear plate.

Lastly we moved on to Nightbane. It was getting late, so we decided to only give it one try. We got him down to 40% and then we wiped. I maight have had something to do with this. Apparently I somehow grabbed aggro away from the tank. I tried to give it back, but we wiped. To be honest, a lot of times we skip this fight altogether.

From what I understand, our guild fights the bosses in a different order than many guilds, and we use a few strategies that are uncommon, but things usually go very smoothly. We wiped four times tonight, which is unusual for us, but considering we fought six bosses, not all that bad. Skuud got a lot of good drops tonight, and I got a couple of good ones.

The same crew as last night except Awlbiste missed the raid, and Wickum, a Night Elf Druid (surprise) took her place.

No comments: