1) Oscar for best movie - Walk the Line
Too soon to tell 0-0
2) Congress - Republicans will hold on to control of both houses, but will lose seats.
3) U.S. Supreme Court - Alito will be confirmed, no attempt to filibuster. Another Justice will leave by the end of the year.
4) Rose Bowl - USC will beat Texas by at least 13 points.
5) SuperBowl - Denver VS Seattle, Seattle wins
Close....It was Pittsburgh V Seattle and Pittsburgh won 1-3
6) Sen Clinton is re-elected with better than 60% of the vote
7) When the election is finally held, Mayor Nagin loses in New Orleans
Sadly, wrong 2-4
8) The U.S. economy will continue to thrive, and the mainstream media will continue to ignore it.
This is clearly correct. 3-4
9) Both France and Germany will enter a recession.
Extremely low growth, but no recession 3-5
Update 11/15/06: France stagnant in the 3rd quarter, Germany up .6% and the Eurozone (countries using the Euro) up .5%. The U.S. had it's GDP rise by 1.6% in the 3rd quarter, and it was described as a "slump".
10) The U.N. will continue to ignore the Oil for Food Scandal, Bolton will continue to make the UN institute incremental reforms.
11) Israel will bomb Iran. The UN will condemn them and Israel won't give a shit.
Not yet at least 4-6
12) There will be more rumors of a coup in North Korea, but they will be false.