Sunday, January 09, 2005

Unbelievable

I just saw something fairly funny in an ironic sort of way. Chris Matthews was interviewing Al Franken about Rush Limbaugh and his success. And both of them sat there straight faced talking about how Rush's success is due to his bloviating and catering to the anger of his listeners. Now I'm no dittohead, but I am I the only one who sees the irony here? These two are the poster children for anger and bloviating!

Matthews at one time was a very good interviewer and commentator before he let his anger consume him, and Franken apparently was funny at one time before he went over the edge. Now these two are marginalized caricatures of their former selves. I bet both of them read the Democratc Underground, and consider it a valuable source for material.

No comments: