Sunday, December 26, 2004

Tsunami

Horrible news out of Asia today. But what I'm not hearing from the talking heads is that could happen here, on the West Coast of the USA also. We have a shallow continental plate offshore also, and our shoreline is at least as heavily populated as the shoreline in Sri Lanka and Indonesia. A 9.0 off the coast of California, Oregon or Washington could also kill thousands. I believe they have actually done some planning for such a disaster in Washington, like marking evacuation routes to higher ground. We also had a near miss by an asteroid this week. It wasn't a world killer, but if it had hit a major city, it would have killed millions. Disaster is always just around the corner. I think it's time for me to check my disaster supplies.

1 comment:

Thom said...

dont worry, I am sure "dimeies" would still be open.