Tuesday, December 21, 2004

The Internet

I spend literally hours each day on the internet. I read e-mail, I belong to dozens of list servers, I read dozens of blogs, I shop, I research and I play games online. I cannot conceive of life today without the internet. It's hard to remember what my life was like before the internet.

And yet the World Wide Web (the WWW in most URLS) was only invented 15 years ago in 1989. Most of us didn't start using the internet until the mid to late 90's.

Talk about world changing events. And it's only just begun.

1 comment:

Thom said...

Some of us were using BB's prior to the internet....... can you imagine using a 400 baud modem today? Used to waste hours upon hours to connect to the BB's only to get nothing substantial.....

I agree, we are only on the tip of the iceberg on this one..... as broadband and faster connection speeds, increased bandwith worldwide who knows what will happen.....