Sunday, December 10, 2006

Swear on the Bible? Pt. 2

It seems that Dennis Prager is one of the people making a big deal about Rep. Ellison intending to use a Koran at his swearing in for Congress. (Which, I have just found out, is a private ceremony not a public one)

Because of this, CAIR, and now others including former N.Y. Mayor Ed Koch, are calling for Prager to be removed from the United States Holocaust Memorial Council.

Now, I have already expressed my opposition to Prager, and my view that Ellison should be allowed to use the Koran. But this is getting ridiculous.

First, I see no reason why any outsiders should have influence on who sits on a Holocaust Memorial Council, especially CAIR. Second, these people who are opposed to Prager's views should merely state their difference of opinion and move on. Why this attempt to punish the man for stating his opinion?

No comments: