Well another crazy day in college football. First of I have to say that the last touchdown that Stanford scored today should have been called back. The Stanford receiver clearly pushed off. That said, Stanford deserved to win today as much as USC did. Unbelievable performance by their young quarterback. Secondly, LSU's coach showed major league balls in his play calling tonight, and LSU earned their win. I'm really of mixed minds about Notre Dame's win. On one hand, they beat UCLA. On the other hand, it would have been great to see them go 0-12.
Top Twenty Five
1) LSU - win (narrowly) (Undefeated 6-0)
2) USC - loss (unranked team)
3) California - bye (Undefeated 5-0)
4) Ohio state - win (Undefeated 6-0)
5) Wisconsin - loss (unranked team)
So Two losses in the top five, both to unranked teams. This comes after last week with three losses in the top 5, two to unranked teams. In fact, of the top 10 teams before play started last week, only LSU, Cal and Ohio State haven't lost a game.
6) South Florida - win (does South Florida crack the top 5? They've earned it) (Undefeated 5-0)
7) Boston College - win (Undefeated 6-0)
8) Kentucky - loss to #11
9) Florida - loss to #1
10) Oklahoma - win
Four losses in the top ten, two to unranked team, one to #1, one to #11.
11) South Carolina - win
12) Georgia - loss to unranked team
13) West Virginia - won
14) Oregon - bye
15) Virginia Tech -won
16) Hawaii - currently winning (Undefeated 5-0)
17) Missouri - won (Undefeated 5-0)
18) Arizona State - won (Undefeated 6-0)
19) Texas - lost to #10
20) Cincinnati - won (Undefeated 6-0)
21) Rutgers - lost to #20
22) Clemson - lost to #15
23) Purdue - lost to #4
24) Kansas State - lost to unranked team
25) Nebraska - lost to #17
So eleven losses of the 23 teams in the top 25 playing this week. That's after 9 losses among 24 playing last week. At least most of the losses this week were to other ranked teams.