Sunday, November 02, 2008

The Election

OK...it's coming down to crunch time. I hate the fact that my vote won't count since I vote in California. I still think there is an outside chance at McCain winning, which would be good for the country. (or at least better than Obama winning) I would enjoy it personally also just to see the heads of all the Kossacks and progressives explode like a remake of Scanners.

However there is a real chance that not only will Obama win, but that there will be Democratic domination of both houses of Congress also. I honestly truly fear this. It will make the Carter years look like good times.

Seriously folks, the hardcore left is foaming at the mouth, and Obama is not remotely the centrist that Clinton was. There is an awful amount of damage they can do in four years. I have been saving up to pay off my third mortgage (my second is silent and at 0%, my first is at 4.5% and my third about $4,500 now at a silent 5%) but now I have to keep that money set aside to deal with four years of Obama. Thankfully I have been responsible, paid off my car and have no credit card debt. I should make it through OK. I wonder about some of my friends though.....I sometimes have to loan them money to get them to the end of the month now......

Interesting times folks, interesting times......

No comments: